Most of my publications may be found at ResearchGate.net by clicking on the links below. Here is a link to my CV: lisa-m-browns-vita-12-21-2016.
- Malamuth, N.M., & Brown, L.M. (1994). Sexually aggressive men’s perceptions of women’s communications: Testing three explanations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 67, 699-712.
- Britt, T.W., Boniecki, K.A., Vescio, T.K., Biernat, M., & Brown, L.M. (1996). Intergroup anxiety: A person x situation approach. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 22, 1177-1188.
- Brown, L.M. (1998). Ethnic stigma as a contextual experience: A possible selves perspective. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 24, 163-172.
- Brown, L.M. (1998). Subjectivity and practice: Stereotyping and other results of imposed perspective. In W.M. Parker (Ed.) Consciousness-raising: A primer for multicultural counseling (2nd edition) (pp. 123-146). Springfield, IL: C.C. Thomas.
- Leach, C.W., & Brown, L.M. (1999). Ethnicity and identity politics. In L. Kurtz (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Violence, Peace, and Conflict. (vol. 1) (pp. 765-775). San Diego: Academic Press.
- Brown, L.M., & Johnson, S.D. (1999). Ethnic consciousness and its relationship to conservatism and blame among African Americans. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 29, 2465-2480.
- Brown, L.M., & Lopez, G.E. (2001). Political contacts: Analyzing the role of similarity in theories of prejudice. Political Psychology: Special issue entitled “Psychology as politics”, 22, 279-292.
- Brown, L.M., McNatt, P.S., & Cooper, G.D. (2003). Ingroup romantic preferences among Jewish and non-Jewish White undergraduates. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 27, 335-354.
- Brown, L.M., & Dobbins, H. (2004). Students’ of color and European American students’ stigma-relevant perceptions of university instructors. Journal of Social Issues, 60, 157-174.
- Brown, L.M., Boniecki, K.A., & Walters, A.M. (2004). Intergroup flexibility and people’s views of African Americans. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 28, 373-398.
- Walters, A. M. & Brown, L. M. (2005). The role of ethnicity on the gender gap in mathematics. In A.M. Gallagher and J.C. Kaufman, (Eds.), Gender differences in mathematics (pp. 207-219). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Brown, L.M., Bradley, M.M., & Lang, P.J. (2006). Affective reactions to pictures of ingroup and outgroup members. Biological Psychology, 71, 303-311.
- Leach, C.W., Brown, L.M., & Worden, R.E. (2008). Ethnicity and identity politics. In L. Kurtz (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Violence, Peace, and Conflict. (vol. 1) (second edition). San Diego: Academic Press.
- Brown, L.M., Awad, G.H., Preas, E.J., Allen, V., Kenney, J., Roberts, S., & Lusk, L.B. (2013). Investigating prejudice towards men perceived to be Muslim: Cues of foreignness versus phenotype. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 43, E237–E245.
Zirkel, S., Lopez, G.E. & Brown, L.M. (2004). The 50th Anniversary of Brown v. Board of Education: Interethnic Contact and Change in the 21st Century. Journal of Social Issues, 60(1).
- You may also access this issue of JSI here.
Prologue to the 2013 Austin College Strategic Plan
Presentations on Faculty Development in Inclusion and Diversity
sponsored by The Robert & Joyce Johnson Center for Faculty Development and Excellence in Teaching at Austin College